Wednesday, 16 December 2015

Liberal Youth England Chair Manifesto

I'm reviving this blog temporarily to use for my campaign to be Liberal Youth England (LYE) Chair. You can find my campaign facebook page here and below is how I announced my candidacy:


These would be the goals I aim to achieve as LYE Chair:
  • To hold at least one annual conference Liberal Youth England
  • Reform the regional chairs system to make it more effective in supporting branches
  • Work towards having large county/city branches to cover areas of England where no branches exist at present
  • Build a dedicated support team to provide specific types of support to branches and members - in areas such as organisation, recruitment, events, campaigning, websites and emails
  • Take back policy making powers for England from federal LY - with a constitutional amendment to the first LYE Conference so members can decide for themselves
  • Improve accessibility for members - including online participation and organising carpooling to events
  • Set up our own website to give us a distinct online presence and identity
While I think this can be done within the existing budget I will also seek to get more funds for LYE the English Liberal Democrats.

And finally I want to change our name to English Liberal Youth so we have a pronounceable acronym.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I will bookmark and be back again

    Harry Potter Phone Case

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Great thoughts. Hope you will achieve your goals.

    stylish mobile cases

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy iPhone 4s Back Cover in India.
    Ships to USA, UK, and many countries too.
    Cheapest iPhone Back cases online!

    ReplyDelete

  4. Students also wind up paying a high rate of interest for availing a student loan. In fact, in most of the cases, they usually end up taking a combination of both the loans. In these cases, they need to get a cosigner. They can only access the portal if they use a computer that is connected to the Internet and order essay from mastergrades.com.

    ReplyDelete

I'm indebted to Birkdale Focus for the following choice of words:

I am happy to address most contributions, even the drunken ones if they are coherent, but I am not going to engage with negative sniping from those who do not have the guts to add their names or a consistent on-line identity to their comments. Such postings will not be published.

Anonymous comments with a constructive contribution to make to the discussion, even if it is critical will continue to be posted. Libellous comments or remarks I think may be libellous will not be published.

I will also not tolerate personation so please do not add comments in the name of real people unless you are that person. If you do not like these rules then start your own blog.

Oh, and if you persist in repeating yourself despite the fact I have addressed your point I may get bored and reject your comment.

The views expressed in comments are those of the poster, not me.